Instructions for emergency situations
Calling help and reporting an accident
Emergency number: 112
Port Control: +358 44 733 4550
or VHF channel: 11
Instructions in case of fire
- Rescue anyone in immediate danger if possible
- Report the fire by calling 112 or by pressing a fire alarm button and inform Port Control
- Extinguish and limit the fire as much as possible
- Guide rescue units to the location and make sure that they can spot you (for example by waving your hands)
Instructions in case of a leaking transport unit or container
- If the leak is in a transport unit and it cannot be stopped, the unit’s operator should move it to the IMDG area.
- If the leak is in a trailer and it cannot be stopped, the terminal tractor’s operator should move it to the IMDG area.
- If the leak is in a container and it cannot be stopped, the container should be moved to the IMDG area by using forklifts, front-loaders or stevedore’s equipment.
- If the leak is in a container, the leak can also be stopped or reduced by turning it to a different position.
- Port Control will block the sewage system, if need be, with blocking equipment.
- The leaking substance can be collected in the port’s portable tanks.
- The Port Control personnel can use absorbent material to absorb the leaked substance.
Please note: A leaking unit, trailer or container can only be moved if this does not cause further damage.
In case of an accident
- Start first aid
- Call for help
- Guide the ambulance to the scene